Xiaomi has unveiled its new flagship today i.e. MI5. There are lot of things new in this phone which were not available in previous flagships of Xiaomi. There are many disappointments also. If we look at the design language of the phone, we notice that it looks very much like the flagships of Samsung which were launched by them in the previous year. In this Xiaomi Mi5 Overview, we have tried to include as much information about this phone as we could.
Xiaomi MI5 Overview (Ceramic Edition): Full Specifications
- 5.15 -inch 16 LED Light 1080p HD screen (428 ppi pixel density)
- Dimensions (144.6 x 69.2 x 7.3 mm) & 129 g Weight
- 1.7 GHz Quad – core (Dual-core 1.8 GHz & dual-core 1.6 GHz) Snapdragon 820 Processor
- 624 MHz Adreno 530 GPU
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7.0 on the top
- 4 GB RAM (~2.6 GB Free on First Boot)
- 128 GB Internal Storage (~115 GB available for user)
- Non-Expandable Storage
- 16 MP (f/2.0) PDAF Primary Camera with dual tone LED Flash & OIS (recording 4k @30fps)
- 4 MP (f/2.0) Front Facing Camera (recording 1080p @30fps)
- 3000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po battery
- Single Nano-Sized SIM (4G)
- Antutu Benchmark Score: ~1,40,000
- Sensors: Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Finger-Print, IR Blaster, Barometer
Xiaomi MI5 Overview: Other Information
Xiaomi Mi5 will be available in 3 versions, the flagship version is the ceramic version for which we have given the specification above. The other two version will have 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB & 32 GB internal storages respectively. Other notable things about the phone is that NFC is included and the phone comes with a USB Type-C port. IR Blaster have also been included using which you will be able to use the smartphone as a Universal Remote. QuickChaenrge 3.0 is also given that claims to charge your phone up to 80% in just 30 minutes. Finger-Print Sensor is given on the front, which we have seen in the Samsung phones. Price of the flagship version is expected to be near INR 28,000 (~400 USD) and entry-level version is expected to be priced at INR 21,000 (~300 USD).
Xiaomi MI5 Overview: Final Words
Overall, the phone looks pretty good and it is going to be one of the many flagship killers that have arrived in the smartphone market. It will give a direct competition to phones like YU Yutopia (Review) & OnePlus Two (Review). The phone beats the coming flagships of LG and Samsung in Antutu Score and that’s why we can say that it is going to be a superhit phone. We will try to get our hands on this phone as soon as possible and will post the Complete Review of this phone on our website www.reviewsnet.in. If you want to receive that Review in your Facebook Newsfeed, then you can like our FB page.